Looking back on 2016, although I did achieve more than in recent years, I’m not satisfied with what I accomplished, considering what I achieved prior to 2013. The main reason for this is that I wasn’t able to really get started at the beginning of the year, plus delays that occurred.
How to Format Your Book in Word. I finished the book and uploaded the files to Createspace. Total of 344 pages. This book is part of the Self-Publishing Success Series.
- Bronson (my son) reviewed the manuscript.
- Bronson designed the cover for me.
- Formatted & updated book interior file (MS Word)
- Re-captured all screenshots and images at 300dpi (360+ images)
- Contacted 3 experts for the writing of the Foreword (Penny Sanservieri agreed and sent me the Foreword she wrote)
- Created the PDF of the book interior (for Createspace)
- Created the cover PDF (for Createspace)
- Uploaded book interior and cover PDFs to Createspace
- Ordered a proof copy from Createspace $20.20 (R335)
- Created the PDF version of the book, but the file size is large at 63mb.
- Wrote the draft sales page for the book
- Went live with the site on 30 October
- Bronson created the WP template for me
- Wrote Home page
- Wrote About page
- Wrote draft sales page for book design services
- The site has a total of 13 pages
ColinDunbar.com. There was a delay at the start of the year in that I couldn’t decide on the new topic of my personal site.
- Decided on the topic of personal development for ordinary people
- Changed the site to display only 2 articles for the new topic
- Uploaded new article, What is it REALLY Worth?
Never Give UP! Changed the title of The Little Book of Encouragement to this.
- This book was actually used as the example for How to Format Your Book in Word
- Uploaded files to Createspace, Kindle, and Smashwords
The Life and Times of a Hobbytrepreneur. Memoir of my home business endeavors. This is the updated and expanded version of my book, Invest in Yourself.
- Wrote the bulk of the book
- Draft Chapter 10 written
- Small additions and re-writes needed
CGGS. This is another book in the Self-Publishing Success Series.
- Outline finalized
- Book proposal partly done
Material written for sites (word count in brackets):
- This is Why Self-Published Books Get Such a Bad Rap (1604)
- What do you want to do? (personal article (4043))
- What is it REALLY Worth? (4215)
- Self-Publish a Book: The Snap-Shot Guide (2054)
- Is it Possible to Publish a Book for Free? (1897)
- Dreams and Goals
- Burning Desire: What Part Does it Play in Achieving Success?
- How to Get a Book Published: Here are 4 Proven Ways
- What You Need to Self-Publish an Ebook
- EBook Self Publishing is a Lot Easier Than You Think
Article Outlines Written:
- How do I Write a Book?
- I want to Write a Book ……
- Self-Publishing at Amazon is Pretty Easy
- Book Design: Is It Still Relevant in the 21st Century?
- Wrote my Business Blueprint
- Opened a Medium account (published What is it REALLY Worth? On the site)
- Tidied and sorted study (Bronson helped me)
- Accident on M2 (damage to Sentra RH door)
- Modem hit by lightning (Feb and Dec)
- TV hit by lightning (Dec)
- My health was generally good, with no major issues (AAA unchanged)
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Elon Musk (biography) by Ashlee Vance
- The Nonfiction Book Marketing Plan by Stephanie Chandler
- Humble Pie (autobiography) by Gordon Ramsay
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (re-read*)
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr Joseph Murphy (re-read*)
- Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill
- Beyond Positive Thinking by Dr Robert Anthony (re-read*)
- The Writing Life by Annie Dillard
- Positive Psychology by Bridget Grenville-Cleave
- The Martian by Andy Weir (read halfway)
- Deadly Faux by Larry Brooks
- Life’s Golden Ticket by Brendon Burchard
* Re-read these books for a review I will write for ColinDunbar.com
Author: Colin Dunbar
Colin Dunbar is the owner of The Complete Self Publisher and shares his many years of experience in writing and self-publishing. If you enjoyed this article, please share it :o)